Monday, April 23, 2007

As I begin...

The new Georgia Performance Standards for mathematics is modeled after (based on?) the 1989 Japanese Course of Study. One of my research interests as a mathematics educator is mathematics education in Japan, where I am originally from.

From time to time, I plan to post my own interpretation of the GPS based on my study of the Japanese curriculum (and my interactions with Japanese mathematics educators at all levels).

I was involved in the translation of a Japanese elementary mathematics textbook series. My colleagues and I have also translated an elaboration document of the Japanese standards that the Ministry of Education published. Both of those materials may be obtained from Global Education Resources (http://www.globaledresources.com/).

No comments:

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
Elaboration of Georgia Performance Standards by Tad Watanabe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.